Wednesday 15 September 2010

Still exhausted

I could barely sleep last night despite having slept for only four hours before flying off, then only 3 hours on the plane. It may be because of the pillow; it's filled with beads, rather than synthetic filling like I'm used to, making it very hard. Also, it's smaller and has a dip in the middle, whereas pillows back home are usually most plump in the middle. Another reason as to why I couldn't sleep well is the air con. I have to keep it on at least some of the time or the room will be too warm and stuffy (it is very hot and humid here), but it's also loud and if I leave it on for too long it gets too cold (and if I turn the temperature up it won't be cold enough).

Today we had orientation. I'd planned on leaving at half 7 but it felt like I'd finally fallen asleep when my alarm went off and finally left the dorm around 8am after a hurried breakfast. I arrive around quarter past 9 and there didn't seem to be many people, but when the room filled up I was very surprised cos it's a lot more than the number of people in the FB group I'd joined. Unfortunately I was too tired to strike up a conversation with anyone and I finally left to go back to the dorm around 4. It has been a very long couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment